The Alderwood School uniform is practical, simple and relatively inexpensive. The school expects the wearing of the uniform and we ask that all uniform should be marked with your child’s name. All uniform orders are placed through My Child at School (MCAS), then an appointment is needed to collect the items from the school office.
The following items are compulsory
- School burgundy sweatshirt* (£11.00) or cardigan* (£11.00).
- Grey trousers/shorts or grey skirt
- White shirt/white blouse/white polo shirt
- Plain socks - white, black or grey
- Plain black shoes (no heels or boots please)
- Book Bag* (£4.00) This is compulsory and must be brought into school every day
- PE Kit* (£10.00)
The following items are optional
- Summer dress in red check
- Shower proof jacket* (£14.00)
- Summer Caps* (£4.00)
* can be purchased on MCAS and collected by appointment from the school office
Please note non-branded items are acceptable and can be purchased from a variety of supermarkets.
The school requires the children to wear sensible shoes, i.e. flat shoes or trainers in plain black only. Please note that boots are not allowed due to the health and safety risk while on the stairs.
As a result of the Health and Safety Directive children must not wear jewellery in school. It relies upon the co-operation of parents to achieve its aims. If ears are pierced only studs must be worn and should be removed for PE. They may be be covered by plasters if a child is unable to remove them. If jewellery is worn, no member of the school staff can take responsibility for its safe-keeping.
PE, Games and Swimming
PE Kit - The school has a school PE Kit which is available from the school office at a cost of £10.00 this includes shorts, T shirt and a PE bag. Children can also wear any plain, dark coloured shorts and any plain white t-shirt. All without fashion branding please. A dark coloured tracksuit can be worn during the colder months.
Swimming - Children must wear a one piece costume (not a bikini) or trunks/shorts, ideally in a plain, dark colour. All children MUST wear a swimming hat and remove all jewellery. The Amateur Swimming Association recommend that goggles should NOT be worn unless there is a personal SEND reason. However, goggles may be worn, with the instructors’ permission, once a child can swim 50 metres. Please note that swimming kits are only needed when your child reaches Year 3 and only at particular points during the year. You will be notified in good time when this kit is needed.
* Please remember that we have some great quality pre-loved items here at school that you can take home for free*