The wearing of the school uniform is supported by the parents. The Alderwood School uniform is practical, simple and relatively inexpensive. The school expects the wearing of the uniform. All uniform should be marked with the child’s name. All uniform orders are done through My Child at School(MCAS), then an appointment is needed to collect from the school office.
- School burgundy sweatshirt* (£11.00) or cardigan* (£11.00)
- Grey trousers/grey skirt
- White shirt/white blouse/white polo shirt
- Plain socks - white, black or grey
- Plain black shoes (no heels or boots please)
- Summer dress in red check
- PE Kit* (£10.00)
- Book Bag* (£4.00) This is compulsory and must be brought into school every day
- Shower proof jacket* (£14.00)
- Summer Caps* (£4.00)
* can be purchased on MCAS and collected by appointment from the school office
The school requires the children to wear sensible shoes, i.e. flat shoes or trainers in plain black only. Please note that boots are not allowed due to the health and safety risk while on the stairs.
As a result of the Health and Safety Directive children must not wear jewellery in school. It relies upon the co-operation of parents to achieve its aims. If ears are pierced only studs must be worn and should be removed for PE. They may be be covered by plasters if a child is unable to remove them. If jewellery is worn no member of the school staff can take responsibility for its safe-keeping.
PE, Games and Swimming
PE Kit - The school has a school PE Kit which is available from the school office at a cost of £10.00 this includes shorts, T shirt and a PE bag.
Swimming - Children must wear a one piece costume (not a bikini) or trunks/shorts, ideally in a plain, dark colour. All children MUST wear a swimming hat and remove all jewellery. The Amateur Swimming Association recommend that goggles should NOT be worn unless there is a personal SEND reason. However, goggles may be worn, with the instructors’ permission, once a child can swim 50 metres.